All About Me helps children and young people explore who they are today, what is happening right now, and express their hopes and dreams for the future. They can either take part in All About Me Creative Experience in a group setting, or engage in All About Me direct work with a trusted adult, such as a foster carer or social worker.
This Live Classroom is workshop-based, with plenty of opportunities for you to try out methods, ask questions and build your confidence in using the All About Me Direct Work tools.
What will I take from this Live Classroom?
What people have said about our Live Classroom sessions
“I found the classroom sessions thoroughly engaging and well worth the time invested. They provided first-hand experience and insight into the activities and tools that artists and workers will be using to engage with our children and young people.” Training participant.
About Professor Richard Rose
As well as being a truly inspiring trainer, Richard is the Director of Therapeutic Life Story Work International. He provides consultancy and training on Therapeutic Life Story Work and develops academic training programmes in the UK and internationally. Richard is a regular visitor to Australia where he is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Social Work and Social Policy at La Trobe University, Melbourne, and Honorary Associate of Berry Street, Melbourne. He is also an Honorary Associate of the Open Adoption Institute, University of Sydney. In the USA, he presents for Portland State University, DHS Oregon and ORPARC (Adoption Services). Richard is the author of The Child’s Own Story – Life Story Work with Traumatised Children (2004); Life Story Therapy with Traumatised Children – A Model for Practice (2012) and Innovative Therapeutic Life Story Work (2017).
Please bring along:
- Curiosity and a sense of fun
Zoom Access to the Live Classroom
- You will receive a zoom link to access the live classroom at least 48 hours before the live classroom takes place.
- Our Live Classrooms are delivered via Zoom. If you haven’t used Zoom before, or need a refresher, take a look at this guidance. If you are planning on attending via a work device, to ensure access is not blocked you may need to seek permission in advance.
- Already a member? This Live Classroom is included in Creative Life Story Work members’ 12 free events per year.
- Not yet a member? This Live Classroom costs £50 for non-members.
- Interested in becoming a member? – Find out about becoming a member here.