Professor Richard Rose will lead this online session which will help you understand more about attachment in children and young people.
What will I take away from this Live Classroom?
- Knowledge of current theories of attachment
- Confidence in talking about attachment with children and young people
- An understanding of healthy child development and the importance this plays in the attachment
- Practical tips on applying this knowledge to your work with children and young people
Whether you have an existing understanding of attachment theory, or you’re starting from scratch, this session will help you keep your knowledge up to date.
What people have said about our Live Classroom sessions
“I found this training extremely valuable to my role as a social worker in a cared for team.” Training participant
“Richard was a wealth of knowledge and had a lovely manner and engaging presentation.” Training participant
About Professor Richard Rose
As well as being a truly inspiring trainer, Richard is the Director of Therapeutic Life Story Work International. He provides consultancy and training on Therapeutic Life Story Work and develops academic training programmes in the UK and internationally. Richard is a regular visitor to Australia where he is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Social Work and Social Policy at La Trobe University, Melbourne, and Honorary Associate of Berry Street, Melbourne. He is also an Honorary Associate of the Open Adoption Institute, University of Sydney. In the USA, he presents for Portland State University, DHS Oregon and ORPARC (Adoption Services). Richard is the author of The Child’s Own Story – Life Story Work with Traumatised Children (2004); Life Story Therapy with Traumatised Children – A Model for Practice (2012) and Innovative Therapeutic Life Story Work (2017).
- Therapeutic Life Story Work: you can learn more about Therapeutic Life Story Work here.
Zoom Access to the Live Classroom
- You will receive a zoom link to access the live classroom at least 48 hours before the live classroom takes place.
- Using Zoom: Our Live Classrooms are delivered via Zoom. If you haven’t used Zoom before, or need a refresher, take a look at this guidance. If you are planning on attending via a work device, to ensure access is not blocked you may need to seek permission in advance.
- Already a member – This Live Classroom is included in Creative Life Story Work members’ 12 free events per year.
- Not yet a member – This Live Classroom costs £50 for non-members.
- Interested in becoming a member? – Find out about becoming a member here.
Special offer for non members
You might also be interested in Professor Richard Rose’s live classroom on trauma and recovery.
Save £30 by using coupon code ADWHHF7R when you book this Live Classroom, together with Professor Richard Rose’s live classrooms on trauma and recovery.
Special offer terms and conditions:
- You can apply the discount code via the Creative Life Story Work website between 03/07/23 and 25/09/23.
- The code is only valid, while stocks last, against purchases of the following products:
- Attachment Live Classroom here
- Trauma Live Classroom here
- Recovery Live Classroom here
- Each code can only be applied once per purchase.
- The £30 discount can not be exchanged for cash and any refunds will not include the £30 discount.