Professor Richard Rose will introduce a range of theories and approaches which are particularly relevant for anyone working with children aged between three and 18 years.
We’ll discuss issues of confidentiality and how to address sensitive issues and provide appropriate responses.
What will I take away from this Live Classroom?
- Simple but effective tools to enable children and young people’s voices to be heard.
- Increased confidence in discussing trauma with children and young people who have complex lives.
- Techniques you can use with ‘hard to reach’ children.
- Listening and interpretive skills.
- An understanding of the significance of feelings and ‘magical feeling’.
What people have said about our Live Classroom sessions
“The training was exactly what I needed during a time of feeling blocked and unable to find a different way to communicate with my families. Richard’s delivery is also excellent and has given me more knowledge on trauma and the impact it can have on the children and young people that we are working with”. Training Participant
About Professor Richard Rose
As well as being a truly inspiring trainer, Richard is the Director of Therapeutic Life Story Work International. He provides consultancy and training on Therapeutic Life Story Work and develops academic training programmes in the UK and internationally. Richard is a regular visitor to Australia where he is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Social Work and Social Policy at La Trobe University, Melbourne, and Honorary Associate of Berry Street, Melbourne. He is also an Honorary Associate of the Open Adoption Institute, University of Sydney. In the USA, he presents for Portland State University, DHS Oregon and ORPARC (Adoption Services). Richard is the author of The Child’s Own Story – Life Story Work with Traumatised Children (2004); Life Story Therapy with Traumatised Children – A Model for Practice (2012) and Innovative Therapeutic Life Story Work (2017).
What to bring
- You can learn more about Therapeutic Life Story Work here.
Zoom Access to the Live Classroom
- You will receive a zoom link to access the live classroom at least 48 hours before the live classroom takes place.
- Using Zoom: Our Live Classrooms are delivered via Zoom. If you haven’t used Zoom before, or need a refresher, take a look at this guidance. If you are planning on attending via a work device, to ensure access is not blocked you may need to seek permission in advance.
- Already a member – This Live Classroom is included in Creative Life Story Work members’ 12 free events per year.
- Not yet a member – This Live Classroom costs £50 for non-members.
- Interested in becoming a member? – Find out about becoming a member here.