All those registered for this live classroom will be invited to send in anonymous real case studies involving complex issues and these will be incorporated into the session. Professor Richard Rose will then offer guidance and practical tasks to support your work and approaches.
All cases discussed will be anonymised and we ask for all attendees to agree to not discuss the cases outside of the session.
What will I take away from this Live Classroom?
- A new perspective, techniques, shared ideas and a series of strategies to immediately put into practice.
- An understanding of cases from a variety of perspectives
- A range of techniques and strategies that support effective case work
- Awareness of approaches to use in planning and families assessment to affect best outcomes for children
This training is aimed specifically at social workers and practitioners undertaking and supporting direct complex case work.
What people have said about our Live Classroom sessions
“I really enjoyed the training. I find Richard Rose to be extremely knowledgeable” Training participant
“One of my favourite training experiences” Training participant
About Professor Richard Rose (MBA, BPhil, PQCCA, PGSWE, CQSW)
As well as being a truly inspiring trainer, Richard is the Director of Therapeutic Life Story Work International. He provides consultancy and training on Therapeutic Life Story Work and develops academic training programmes in the UK and internationally. Richard is a regular visitor to Australia where he is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Social Work and Social Policy at La Trobe University, Melbourne, and Honorary Associate of Berry Street, Melbourne. He is also an Honorary Associate of the Open Adoption Institute, University of Sydney. In the USA, he presents for Portland State University, DHS Oregon and ORPARC (Adoption Services). Richard is the author of The Child’s Own Story – Life Story Work with Traumatised Children (2004); Life Story Therapy with Traumatised Children – A Model for Practice (2012) and Innovative Therapeutic Life Story Work (2017).
Zoom Access to the Live Classroom
- You will receive a zoom link to access the live classroom at least 48 hours before the live classroom takes place.
- Using Zoom: Our Live Classrooms are delivered via Zoom. If you haven’t used Zoom before, or need a refresher, take a look at this guidance. If you are planning on attending via a work device, to ensure access is not blocked you may need to seek permission in advance.
- Already a member – This Live Classroom is included in Creative Life Story Work members’ 12 free events per year.
- Not yet a member – This Live Classroom costs £50 for non-members.
- Interested in becoming a member? – Find out about becoming a member here.