Ciara McClelland will lead this online session which will offer you creative ways to support your practice with children and young people.
What will I take away from this Live Classroom?
- Knowledge of how grief and loss can affect relationships with the self and others
- Creative, therapeutic and practical ways to support your practice
- An understanding of the benefits of ‘holding space’ and ‘holding in mind’
- An opportunity to share practice and learn from others
This training is for you if you’re a professional who supports children and young people who have experienced grief or loss, or if you have experienced your own feelings of Grief or Loss when working with and supporting children and young people.
What people have said about our Live Classroom sessions
“I really enjoyed the training. I find the trainers to be extremely knowledgeable.” Training participant
About Ciara McClelland
Ciara has over 12 years’ practice experience and specialises in working with children, young people, parents, families and caregivers impacted by adverse childhood experiences. In addition, Ciara works on relationship repair within traumatised systems, organisations and communities. Her approach is innovative, creative, therapeutic, and trauma-informed, combining psychodynamic, dyadic, and somatic therapies.
Ciara grew up on the border in Ireland in the 1980s where community relational conflict and trans-generational trauma was rife. Born into a large extended family of emergency workers she was directly impacted by “The Troubles’. She has undertaken her own transformative healing journey through therapeutic exploration, academic learning and discovery, and her journey has inspired her to help others to find safety and connection in their own relationships.
Ciara McClelland is a training practitioner from Trauma Informed Consultancy Services, which offers an extensive range of training sessions related to all aspects of how we can apply a Trauma Informed Framework to settings, services and systems. Trauma Informed Consultancy Services works with education settings, Children’s Services, Criminal Justice and Adult Services.
Please bring along:
- Paper and coloured pens/pencils/crayons
- One leaf from the garden or a forest
- One small jar and a handful of stones, one stone larger than the rest
Zoom Access to the Live Classroom
- You will receive a zoom link to access the live classroom at least 48 hours before the live classroom takes place.
- Using Zoom: Our Live Classrooms are delivered via Zoom. If you haven’t used Zoom before, or need a refresher, take a look at this guidance. If you are planning on attending via a work device, to ensure access is not blocked you may need to seek permission in advance.
- Already a member – This Live Classroom is included in Creative Life Story Work members’ 12 free events per year.
- Not yet a member – This Live Classroom costs £50 for non-members.
- Interested in becoming a member? – Find out about becoming a member here.