Trauma is not a life sentence – Professor Richard Rose will show how we can work with children and young people to overcome the effects of trauma and enjoy their future without being defined by their past.
What will I take away from this Live Classroom?
- An understanding of trauma theory and practice
- Knowledge of various approaches to use when working through trauma
- And you’ll find out how you can use your own experiences when working with children and young people who have experienced trauma
What people have said about our Live Classroom sessions
“I really enjoyed the training. I find Richard to be extremely knowledgeable.” Training participant
About Professor Richard Rose
As well as being a truly inspiring trainer, Richard is the Director of Therapeutic Life Story Work International. He provides consultancy and training on Therapeutic Life Story Work and develops academic training programmes in the UK and internationally. Richard is a regular visitor to Australia where he is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Social Work and Social Policy at La Trobe University, Melbourne, and Honorary Associate of Berry Street, Melbourne. He is also an Honorary Associate of the Open Adoption Institute, University of Sydney. In the USA, he presents for Portland State University, DHS Oregon and ORPARC (Adoption Services). Richard is the author of The Child’s Own Story – Life Story Work with Traumatised Children (2004); Life Story Therapy with Traumatised Children – A Model for Practice (2012) and Innovative Therapeutic Life Story Work (2017).
- Therapeutic Life Story Work: you can learn more about Therapeutic Life Story Work here.
Zoom Access to the Live Classroom
- You will receive a zoom link to access the live classroom at least 48 hours before the live classroom takes place.
- Using Zoom: Our Live Classrooms are delivered via Zoom. If you haven’t used Zoom before, or need a refresher, take a look at this guidance. If you are planning on attending via a work device, to ensure access is not blocked you may need to seek permission in advance.
- Already a member – This Live Classroom is included in Creative Life Story Work members’ 12 free events per year.
- Not yet a member – This Live Classroom costs £50 for non-members.
- Interested in becoming a member? – Find out about becoming a member here.